Workshops and Trainings
I conduct trainings and workshops for a variety of professionals including attorneys, mental health providers, first responders, Veterans’ organizations, and community agencies. I am most often invited to speak on issues related to stress, trauma, and PTSD, as well as the rewards and challenges of working with trauma survivors.
I am available for 2-hour, Half-day, and Full-day workshops. I work collaboratively with each organization to tailor their training to best fit the unique needs and character of their audience. Although I am generally asked to take a didactic approach, I am also quite comfortable conducting question/answer and group process based trainings.
The following is a sampling of training and workshop topics:
- What is PTSD?
- The Neurobiology of PTSD
- PTSD Assessment
- PTSD Prevention
- PTSD Treatment
- The Impact of PTSD on Families
- Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
- PTSD in Personal Injury Law
- Criminal Defense of Veterans
- Managing Routine Work Stress and Critical Incident Stress in First Responder and Corrections Professionals
- The Impact of Warzone Deployment on Families